ePrescribe enables Providers to electronically transmit discharge prescriptions to pharmacies. It also enables the Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS) if authorized, real-time formulary checking, and medication history updates.
Focus for 2019:
- Key component to combat medication diversion and opioid abuse
- Providers a better and more convenient workflow for patients and providers.
- Retail pharmacies and states are moving toward mandating electronic prescribing of controlled substances.
- Improve patient satisfaction by reducing discharge prescription wait times
- Increase patient compliance by decreasing number of unfilled prescriptions
- Improve adherence to formulary, lowering drug substitution costs
- Reduce time on phone to and from pharmacies
Interested in ePrescribing?
- Contact our Service Desk at (888) 561-6599