The Wound Image Capture (WIC) Project adds the functionality of GE Media Manager to the iMobile phones. The Media Manager application allows end users to capture images of wounds and other skin irregularities all from their iMobile device. Media Manager replaces the standalone digital camera process for capturing wound images in all inpatient areas of the hospital and burn clinics where wound images are currently photographed.
- Easy and secure patient identification
- “Click and push” images with mobile devices
- Ability to access images from any desktop using the URL
- Reduces documentation time using the iMobile device, compared to manual workflows (saves clinical staff 20 minutes)
- A document is stored in the patient record via Horizon/McKesson Patient Folder (HPF or MPF) with a link to produce a PDF (saves HIM staff 15 minutes)
- Ability to access high resolution images by all provisioned to use the application